What, Who and Why?
What is the Time Wave Program?
Time Wave is CYM’s program for adult students. The name, Time Wave, has two meanings:
⪘ Music has a cyclical quality… we hear certain styles and passages over and over again in many contexts. For example, one hears the blues scale evolving over time into Rock and Jazz idioms.
There is an old saying “There’s nothing new under the sun.” Musicians of the present time listen back to music of their predecessors and borrow older ideas to “say” something new.
In this way, music flows like a wave through different generations of listeners, a Time Wave…
⪘ “I wish my parents had not let me stop playing music.” We hear this quote often from people who want to get back to their study of music which had been interrupted at some point by “life getting in the way.” Such students can reconnect with their instrument or voice in a new setting with a new teacher in an age-appropriate manner. In this case, music is a wave that flows in the lives of each one of us.
The Time Wave program features individual lessons for adults age 18 and up.
There are two basic scheduling formats:
- One or more ten week sessions within each of our three terms, fall, winter or spring.
- An on-going weekly lesson throughout our 44-week annual calendar.
Who teaches my lesson?
When & How?
When do we register for this program?
- CYM allows open enrollment year round.
- Current class availability by can be found by entering your information into our registration form.
- After submitting a completed online registration, a member of our Admissions team will contact you to confirm your child’s schedule and supply welcome materials and an enrollment E-form.
Is this program the right one for me?
Good starting point for you if:
- You are an adult (18 or older) who played as a child and would like to return to music study.
- Learning to play an instrument is something that you have always wanted to do and you are ready to treat yourself.
Instrument Rental Available
Get one month free on any new instrument rental when signing up or renewing any annual program.Learn More About Our Instrument Rental Program